Review our history in timeline format below to get up to speed. In reverse chronological order, of course (new stuff first).
- Published Local Journalism Fixes the Internet
- Donations reopened for our Gitcoin Grant from June 6th - June 23rd.
- Launched a Discourse server for JournoDAO
- Published Initial proposal for Founder NFT
- Published video: How to mint your writing as NFTs on Mirror
- Featured in the DAO Spotlight on Bankless
- Launched prototype stream on Streamr network and Streamr Marketplace
- Started Weekly Updates via blog and newsletter
- Published Why the Mechanics of NFTs Matter to Journalists
- Started this timeline
- Began working on releasing a Founder NFT
- Eric and Keith featured on The Circum Podcast
- Created YouTube acount and D.tube account
- Streamr accepts proposal to onboard journalists to the network and build out necessary tooling
- $7500 in grant funding transferred to Keith Axline from Streamr as $DATA tokens. Keith converts to USDC and earmarks $2500 for UkraineDAO, $2500 for JounroDAO, and $2300 (some value lost in conversion) for himself for development work.
- $2500 invested by Keith Axline on behalf of the JournoDAO treasury according to an agreed upon investment plan.
- Published Local Journalism Is the Blockchain Security Model for Politics and Culture
- Created an account on Orbis
- Attended the Sapien DAO Roundtable
- Published Let's Buy a Newspaper on Mirror
- Began using Clarity for project/task management
- Setup G Suite/Google Business accounts for core team
- Core team agrees on a governance model based on non-transferrable ERC20s, Keith Axline starts development
- Spoke with Fraser Nelson at The National Trust for Local News
- Sketched out some potential product offerings and discussed with team
- Team agrees to start pursuing an integration with Streamr Network and apply for a grant for the company's Data Fund. Keith Axline is point of contact.
- Published Dear Journalists, Don’t Sleep on Web3. Now also posted on the JournoDAO blog.
- Launched website at journodao.xyz
- Explored collaboration with MovementDAO
- Began looking for journalists to partner with in Ukraine
- Published JournoDAO is Upgrading the Journalism Ecosystem. Join us. on Mirror. Created JournoDAO publication on Mirror. Post can now also be found on the JournoDAO blog.
- Eric Mack, David Burt, and Keith Axline attend ETHDenver
- Eric Mack delivers a foundational talk about JournoDAO
- Took a breather
- Members explore the idea of buying a newspaper, inspired by ConstitutionDAO
- Season 0 Roadmap created
- 12/15 – first community meeting. Notes.
- Created @journodao Twitter account
- Discord created
- First members start discussing the mission of the DAO